Certification Bodies that wish to become licensed to oversee FSSC 22000 audits and certifications must meet the following two requirements:
- The CB is accredited by any Accreditation Body (AB) which has a membership of IAF and is signatory to the IAF MLA for Management system certification. The AB shall also have agreed with the regulation for accreditation as defined in the FSSC 22000 scheme.
- The CB holds a valid accreditation against ISO 22003 under ISO/IEC Guide 17021 for the required food chain categories.
Are you interested in becoming a FSSC 22000 licensed Certification Body? Please contact us.
To apply for a provisional FSSC 22000 license the following documents have to be provided to the Foundation:
- A completely filled out and signed License agreement, Data Processing Agreement, Self-Assessment Tool and Application form. These documents will be provided by the Foundation upon your request for a provisional license.
- A copy of a valid ISO 22003 accredited certificate, clearly mentioning the categories of accreditation.
- A confirmation from the AB that the CB has applied for accreditation against FSSC 22000 and for which categories.
When all documents are found to be accurate and complete, the Agreement will be signed by the Foundation. After the application fees has been paid, a Provisional License will be granted to the CB for the duration of one year in which accreditation against FSSC 22000 has to be gained.
As soon as the Agreement is signed by both parties, the CB may start is certification activities against FSSC 22000. Without a license it is not permitted to issue any FSSC 22000 certificates.
The fees for FSSC 22000 Licensed Certification Bodies from 2020 onwards are:
- The initial one time CB entry fee will be: € 10.000,- (ten thousand euro)
- Total fee per uploaded audit report in the FSSC Portal: € 150,- (one hundred fifty euro), to be paid by the Certified Organization (collected through the CB). The CB shall inform their Certified Organizations accordingly. Fees will be invoiced twice per year.
- Fee per uploaded audit report in the FSSC 22000 Portal to be paid by the CB and invoiced at least once per year:
- 1 – 99 reports € 5.000,- (five thousand euro)
- 100 – 499 reports € 6.500,- (six thousand five hundred euro)
- 500 – 999 reports € 8.000,- (eight thousand euro)
- 1000 – 2499 reports € 9.500,- (nine thousand five hundred euro)
- over 2.500 reports € 11.000,- (eleven thousand euro)