A new and exciting opportunity has been created to join the Foundation as Technical Manager – Social Sustainability responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of all technical aspects of the Social Sustainability Management System Scheme.
In this role, you will work closely with other FSSC Team members FSSC licensed Partners, relevant Industry forums, and the FSSC Advisory Committee. The position requires being based in Europe and preferably in the Netherlands.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the development of the tactical plan for the social sustainability area, performance criteria (KPIs), and its execution aligned with the overall Technical Strategy.
- Developing, managing, and overseeing the effective implementation of the Technical social sustainability processes to deliver the Technical Strategy.
- Maintenance and development of the social management system auditing and certification Scheme and driving continual improvement to ensure they remain robust and accepted in the marketplace.
- Spearheading key initiatives and the portfolio of continual improvement projects for the social sustainability area..
- Knowledge and support management for internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilizing business intelligence as a driver for Scheme development, including analysis of data (internal and external) and trends in the social sustainability industry.
- Participation in key external social sustainability industry forums and working groups.
- Participation in internal strategic, internal, and technical meetings and Projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 8-10 years’ social sustainability work experience including more than 5 years of experience in management systems auditing and third-party certification management in an international environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Social Compliance audit Schemes (e.g. SA8000, BSCI, SMETA), ISO, ILO, and SSCI (Sustainable Supply Chain Initiative) requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to produce clear, concise, and professional reports, explain technical issues within required timeframes.
- International project management experience.
- Experience in the development of tactical plans at the managerial level, KPIs, monitoring and reporting, and presentation of performance results to senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English: knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Strong intercultural awareness and sensitivity skills with the ability to work in an international environment within a people-oriented organization..
- Knowledge of continual improvement tools implementation would be an advantage (Lean, 6 Sigma, TQM, WCM).
- Ability to work well under pressure, including good multi-tasking skills.
What We Offer
FSSC offers and promotes a healthy work-life balance in an international environment through agile working. We ensure excellent work is recognized and rewarded. Additional benefits are:
- We actively provide resources and support for personal training and development in line with our core values of Transparency, Integrity, Ambition, Engagement, and Care.
- An open and diverse culture within a flexible organization.
- Attractive salary, allowances, and benefits that match responsibilities and experience.
- Great flexibility in terms of working from home. You get to choose where you want to work most of the time.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please apply now with your CV and motivation letter in English to [email protected]
All questions can also be directed to [email protected]